- A plague on all sides in this pointless, futile, utterly daft latest bout of East and West willy waving.
- Welcome, Katie, but don’t bother with this blog, try my other (details below) and as I have to bulk up this entry a little more than merely saying ‘welcome Katie’, some advice I would give my children
- Arab spring? Apparently, if we all make a great, co-ordinated effort and all fart in unison, we can bring peace, tranquillity, freedom and democracy to the Middle East
- When black is, in fact, white. Or when a military coup is not a military coup because the urban liberal elite say so.
- Syria? Leave well alone. If they want a punch-up, stay well clear. And what about those rumours of affairs and sex: Alastair Campbell, Andy Coulson, Rebekah Wade, Tony Blair and Wendi Deng?
Tag Archives: arab spring egypt libya syria assad cairo coup love child basard abelard heloise sun subs sub-editor headline good health daily mail
Arab spring? Apparently, if we all make a great, co-ordinated effort and all fart in unison, we can bring peace, tranquillity, freedom and democracy to the Middle East
A few years ago I heard this description of a standard journalistic technique: ‘Simplify, then exaggerate’. That is largely what we do all the time. So, for example, you might come across a headline such as ‘Can farting cure cancer?’ … Continue reading